We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to support our growing product team.
- Build and lead a team of talented and motivated frontend engineers and support them to achieve their growth trajectory, encompassing personal development and professional goals by giving regular feedback and active mentoring.
- Collaborate across functional boundaries with product owners, data scientists and designers to deliver an impactful, well-engineered product that carries our mission.
- Be an advocate for a strong development culture that strives for continuous improvement: in code, in process and software development practice.
- Support a team culture that is inclusive, transparent and encourages accountability, experimentation and growth.
- You have strong frontend development (we use amongst others react.js, redux, webpack, flow) expertise spanning at least 5 years of professional experience, delivering successful products and managing complexity at scale. Technical credibility will be a strong asset.
- You have strong leadership skills and display this by supporting your team to unleash their full potential and by leading by example.
- You still nurture yourself as a great frontend technologist but understand that in the choice between coding and people, your team comes first.
- You care about results and want to proactively challenge the status quo by pushing for technological advancement and accompanying its adoption.
- You have formally led a group of developers or are ready to take the plunge into leadership.
What we offer
- Your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets
- We have a diverse and open culture from different professional and personal backgrounds.
- Our agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively without having to traverse a complex spiderweb of hierarchies.
- Growth and continuous learning: everyone at opinary is encouraged to trust in experiments and personally grow - a generous learning budget underpins this.
- We provide a flexible working environment – choose your working hours, holidays and preferred laptop.