The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy digital recruitment business and the successful candidate will work closely with the marketing and business development team.
This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates.
Reports To: Lead SEO Manager
Key Skills Required for the Role:
MOST IMPORTANT BE COOL
· German and English Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy. (ideal candidate has longer than 6 months)
· Excellent verbal communications skills.
· An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
· Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. instagram and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
· An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
· An entrepreneurial attitude, takes ownership and is hungry
· Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
· A proactive, service-focussed attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally
· An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
· An ability to prioritise work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss
· Motivated to make an impact and potentially grow with the firm
1) Social Media Community Management
a. Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, medium,instagram, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
b. Increase the number of followers we have on channels by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates. c. Monitoring and replying to engagement from candidates and clients (initially under supervision from a HBD)
d. Posting across all channels on a daily basis (both job- and industry-related); and using tools to plan forward-looking over weekends and holidays (under supervision from HBD)
e. Posting updates to the Company LinkedIn account (initially under supervision from a HBD)
f. Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation. g. Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to date.
h. Posting updates to the Company Facebook account (under supervision from HBD)
i. Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
j. Work with HBD to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to instagram, videos to YouTube, etc)
k. Create and post content to blog and medium
2) Coordinating and Distributing Content
a. Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
b. Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.
c. Push new blog posts through the calendar.
d. Help coordinate a guest blogger programme, one guest blogger per month. Help to amplify this content through other social media channels.
e. Drive awareness of our new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
f. Using tools such as Webflow, Technorati and identify and monitor key industry bloggers, trade journalists and twitter influencers. Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-tweet and post on the Cogs Agency blog. Use tools such as wefollow and technorati to also identify influencers.
g. Help to create one piece of video content per month and post on You Tube. h. Set up and manage a company instagram account and post interesting photos
i. Upload and manage company blog posts in medium (initially under supervision from HBD).
j. Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel). k. Push out Cogs Agency content for syndication using tools like SlideShare, You Tube, Paper.Li, Scribd, Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.
3) Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
a. Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
b. Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics.
Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web site.
Look at how well blog posts perform based on their ‘sharerating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on page. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better. If consultants are producing original content and blogs, report back to them weekly with the performance of those posts.
c. Work with the directors to build monthly reporting tools on social media analytics and performance against our ‘baseline targets.’
4) Email Marketing and SEO
a. Work with each team to create and send one email broadcast per month around content ideas and keys jobs.
b. Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO.
c. Using Google, search on key words and look at our competitors’ brands for forums and directories that we can sign up to to generate in-bound links for our company.