Solve.Care invites you to the mission of improving healthcare, globally!
Solve.Care is the leading blockchain platform for healthcare administration and coordination. We are a global organization working with global businesses, clinical organizations and government agencies that deliver or manage healthcare for people like you and us and our families.
Solve.Care team is changing the very core of healthcare and our platform redefines administration, coordination and services delivery between patients, physicians, hospitals, insurance, employer and government agencies.
Why join Solve.Care team?
We are looking for creative problem solvers and out of the box thinkers, who believe that increased transparency, efficiency and efficacy of healthcare systems are essential for humanity and global economic sustainability.
As part of Solve.Care team, you will not just be going to work, you will be part of a mission that can make a difference in everyone’s life. You will come to the office not just to write code, but to ensure that families around the world receive better care.
What is the opportunity?
Remember, we do what needs to be done, regardless of the title or position. But you do need to understand your primary role and responsibility:
Position: Head of Human Resources
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Relocation: Full relocation package and support will be provided
Travel: 75% of time in Ukraine, 25% of time on business trips
As the Head of Global Human Resources, you’re a forward-thinking visionary who sees the strategic value of finding and growing talented people to best exemplify our company values, mission, and goals.
You understand the needs of our fast-growing company and lay the groundwork for change management, transforming strategy into the same functionality regardless of geographical location. You have a vision on how to increase employee satisfaction, productivity, and engagement. You speak the same language as the CEO and convey our company’s core messages in every interaction.
At the same time, you grow and mentor regional managers who you can trust to work self-directed in executing the company’s strategies on the local level, maintaining the same high principles and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 12 years of experience in human resources as human resources manager, with 5 years of experience as head of human resources
- Master’s degree in organizational leadership, business, human resources, or related discipline
- Certification in industrial-organizational psychology, Society for Human Resources Management, and/or similar
- Extensive experience in a global multinational or IT company
- Experience in implementing HR processes and policies from scratch
- Develop and implement HR initiatives that align with our global talent management goals
- Be a mentor, ambassador, and representative of the company
- Influence leaders to instill our core values in their teams
- Create strategies on how to identify and retain talent, address skill gaps, and accomplish high potential and succession planning
- Lead and partner with local senior management and global leadership teams to coach and guide them in talent attraction, retention and development; contract and policy application; performance management; training and development; and, compensation practices
- Guide regional managers in developing local strategic HR strategies, accounting for financial opportunities, employee and labor laws, and other factors
- Devise and deliver local talent strategy (from recruitment, retention, performance, employee engagement)