We’re a Berlin-based medtech startup dedicated to building AI-powered software that supports radiologists with their daily work: Analyzing medical images. Our first product md.brain, which helps identifying Alzheimer’s and multiple sclerosis, is already certified as a medical product and thereby ready for market launch. The product runs already at several medical practices, but in order to scale, we need to grow our software development team.
Our software is microservices oriented (Docker) and mainly written in Python (80%), with a React.JS frontend. Our systems architecture is hybrid on-premises and on the cloud (AWS). We automate as much as possible with our CI/CD pipeline (gitlab CI).
Why you should work for us:
- You will join an early stage venture which is trying to have an impact on people’s life and health.
- As one of the first software engineers, you will have the chance to become a key employee and increase your responsibilities over time.
- We implement a flexible working culture (e.g. home office).
- You’ll find a friendly working atmosphere and will be able to take part in regular fun team-building activities.
- We enrich each other’s knowledge through periodical knowledge sharing sessions.
- Develop and test new features for our product, both independently and by doing pair-programming together with highly experienced developers from which you will learn a lot.
- Over time, take full responsibility of designing and developing new software components.
- Write automated tests, improve our test strategy and coverage.
- Troubleshoot client installations remotely. Detect, report and fix bugs.
- Ensure our software is running properly on radiology practices and installed properly on new customers.
You meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor or masters in Computer Science or similar.
- Passionate and talented programmer with a focus/interest on Python.
- Comfortable with linux, command-line tools, SSH, bash scripting.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of networking, REST APIs, microservices, AWS cloud.
- Fluent in English, basic / medium level of German.
Not needed, but a plus:
Background / experience in IT-Radiology Systems (big plus).
Knowledge of radiological data and systems e.g. DICOM format / PACS.
Interest and/or talent for Machine Learning.
Our current tech stack:
Python, react, redis, postgres, mongoDB, docker, AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, ECR), spark, gitlab-CI