At Amazon, we have a peculiar culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle; from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal.
Amazon cultivates a culture of innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business…and we find that exhilarating!
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us regardless of minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. We value diversity!
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
ABOUT AMAZON OPERATIONS
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day.
Our scale is expansive and our presence in Italy is growing
Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience, delivering millions of smiles every day.
Our commitment with Piccole e Medie Imprese italiane is a reality. Discover how we do that here
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Delivery Station Site leader, you will lead a team comprising of Operations Managers, Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors and Operations Assistants.
What we expect from you in this role:
· To oversee the delivery of Amazon orders
· To work with KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery success and Enhancing customer Service
· To analyse data and dive deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements.
· To innovate. A passion for invention is what drives us. We love to invent for our customers. We are externally aware, looking for new ideas from everywhere, and are not limited by “not invented here.” As we do new things, we accept that we may be misunderstood for long periods of time and may not always succeed the first time.
· To drive operational goals and metrics for your delivery station.
· To hire and develop top talent for your site.
· To create highly collaborative work environment with all your key business partners, direct reports and Delivery Service Providers . It’s the only way to succeed and delight our valued Amazon customers
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
All permanent Amazon employees, whether working in Italian fulfillment centers or corporate offices, receive competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical insurance from day one, life assurance, an employee discount on Amazon.it and a company pension plan. Amazon also offers fulfillment center associates an innovative program called Career Choice which provides funding for adult education, offering to pre-pay 95% of tuition and associated fees for nationally recognized, in-demand courses, up to 8,000 euro over four year
There are other, more intangible rewards too, like a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds of the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere - suits and ties are few and far between.