Learning Design Product Specialist (m/f/d)
The Partnerships you build in this role will transform higher education
As Learning Design Product Specialist, you will be responsible for developing learning experiences that delight educators and students. You'll help supercharge Aula's growth by designing incredible proof of concept learning experiences that leverage Aula’s pedagogical frameworks.
- Permanent, remote > £55 - 65K + Bonus
- You will work closely with our Learning, Partnerships and Implementation teams to build transformative partnerships with universities.
- Grow as fast as our team does.
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) for higher education. Our mission is to empower educators to make every learning experience truly engaging.
We make it easy for educators to create community-first learning experiences that truly engage students by combining easy-to-use technology with evidence-informed learning design.
As an organisation we are remote first, asynchronous by default. Our rituals allow us to have a team based all around the world and build transformative partnerships with educational institutions. As a Learning Design Product Specialist you will deliver as a specialist in pedagogical change to persuade our partners of Aula’s key role their journey towards community-first learning experiences at scale.
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders and academics at our partner institutions to design proof of concept learning experiences that are highly demonstrative of Aula’s approach and the potential outcomes for the institution.
- Join early-stage discussions with our partners and potential partners, to ensure the approach and impact is clearly articulated, connecting this back to the evidence-informed approach of our Learning team, positioning yourself as a specialist in community-first pedagogical change at scale.
This will involve working closely with
- Educators across a range of disciplines to coach them on board with our approach to learning and design and delivery, ensuring that they appreciate and adopt the design principles which will ensure our impact on student outcomes (retention, grades and satisfaction scores).
- Educators across a range of institutions to co-design engaging proof of concept modules which follow Aula's learning design principles.
- Institutional leadership (VCs, Provosts, Deans etc.) to articulate a compelling, evidence-based narrative about the value and impact of Aula's approach to learning design and 'sell' the impact that it has on student outcomes (retention, grades and satisfaction scores).
Aula is a fully remote company, and this is a remote job but will require regular travel to our main partners once the pandemic lifts. Our partners love to meet us face to face, not for every meeting and not in a national lockdown; but for specific workshops or kick off meetings. As a result, we’re hiring from anywhere with a 4 hour travel radius to London.
Our Partnerships Team consists of experienced and passionate partnership managers. We deliver transformative partnerships through close collaboration with higher education leaders, our Implementation team, and our Partnerships team.
Our virtues are what makes Aula as an organisation unique.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion should not be mistaken with building an organisation where 8 billion people would thrive. We lean into what makes Aula unique: we’re building an inclusive, high performing, organisation where high performing people are silly ambitious about improving education - at scale.
We judge our virtues by what we do, not what we say.
Our virtues are
🚀 Silly Ambitious
🔍 Uncomfortably Focused
🗣 Transparent by Default
What you need to do the Job
The most important thing about you is that you are curious and care deeply about the power of pedagogy and technology to empower educators to make every learning experience truly engaging. You are transparent, considerate and ready to work hard to further our mission.
We are looking for a passionate learning designer with experience in designing digitally enhanced learning, ideally for Higher Educatuon. You will also be interested in developing a commercial edge, and be excited by working towards commercial targets. This is the first role of its kind at Aula, sitting at the intersection of Higher Education pedagogy, learning design and sales.
- 5+ years experience with digital learning design
- A proven ability to change the hearts and minds of stakeholders
- The desire to be in a commercially driven role
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Experience in a commercially driven role
- Confident explaining the connection between evidence based research and outcomes for learners with stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever changing, entrepreneurial environment
You approach everything you do proactively and are always looking for ways to improve and innovate. You understand that this is a small team in a startup that is scaling and are excited to contribute to the Aula story.
Apply today and our team will get back to you as fast as possible.
A fair chance
Every role in the Aula team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.