Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f/d)
We are Saiga
We believe that people spend too much time on mind-numbing tasks and life admin. That's where Saiga steps in. We are building Saiga for a world where everyone can dedicate their time to the things that really matter - be it spending more time with family and friends or simply getting that one extra hour of sleep.
Saiga will radically and fundamentally change how we manage our lives by becoming a personal assistant for the entire administrative and bureaucratic life of people and their households. We use machine learning and UX magic to turn admin into a joyful and positive experience - or at the very least, get it done.
Saiga was founded by Karl Moritz Hermann who was previously CEO of the AI research company Dark Blue Labs (sold to Google) and a senior staff researcher at Google DeepMind. We are backed by some of Europe’s most ambitious VCs and experienced Angel investors, giving us the runway and support to build a category-defining and impactful company.
As QA Engineer, you are central to the success of our company. Together with other members of the product and engineering team, you will ensure that the our products meet our quality standards.
Besides some manual testing, your responsibility will be the planning, designing, and execution of test strategies across multiple platforms and frameworks utilizing industry standard testing methodologies or processes.
As a part of a scrum team, you will be involved in all parts of the product development process: concepting, planning, developing, testing and monitoring.
Data privacy and trust are central to our product, and an important part of your role will be to ensure that our code adheres to highest standards in that regard, both on the customer-facing product as well as on internal tooling.
We believe that the best companies are created by small and formidable teams, so we try to hire the best people who can perform beyond their core competencies.
Our products currently consists of web apps and mobile apps supported by backend services in a cloud environment.
Even though working from home is, of course, part of the job, you should either be in Berlin already or be happy with moving here.
- 4+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual and automated testing
- Experience with GitHub Actions would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand user requirements and technical specifications
- Hands on experience with scripting/coding.
- Confident and effective communicator, both internally and externally.
- Experience in early stage companies and building things from scratch is strongly required.
- Embracing the uncertainty that comes with such a state of flux a strict requirement.
We know that box-ticking is dull and that nobody fits all the boxes. Even if not all of this applies to you, but you feel that you are right for the job, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll get at Saiga
In addition to a competitive salary and equity plan, the following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Real responsibility and a steep learning curve.
- A seat at the table - be a genuine part of the team from day one.
- Competitive compensation - and great coffee & tea now we're back in the office.
- A diverse, international, supportive, and highly motivated team.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. (Really!) We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage women and people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. We can help with immigration.
Our hiring process is reasonably streamlined (initial chat, interviews with some of the team, case study, final conversation) and designed to give both of us ample time to decide whether we'd be excited to be working with each other, as well as giving you all the information you might need to make an informed decision.