Lead Front-end Engineer (m/f/x)
At SuitePad, we're shaping the hotel room of the future!
SuitePad is a Berlin-based SaaS + Hardware company focused on hotel tech.
We deliver hotels’ aggregated content, entertainment, and services through in-room tablets and other software- and hardware-solutions. The depth and quality of our services have made us the market leader for in-room guest communication in more than 90,000 hotel rooms across the globe. Our customers include renowned international hotel groups like Jumeirah, Meliá and Van der Valk. As a team, we are proud of the industry recognition we have received (Hotel Tech Report, Hotelverband Deutschland (IHA), Gastro Vision and more).
Our mission is to provide a reliable, effective and delightful platform for guest communication.
Join our journey
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer, who shares our passion for creating products that add value to our users. It’s the outcome that counts, not the output.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who loves to collaborate, values communication and embraces adaptiveness.
We see this role a lot more than a job. But rather, it is a journey in various ways:
- A journey of bringing digitalisation to the hotel industry and meeting the increasing demands of tomorrow’s hotel guests
- A journey of growing with your team members and building a team for the future
- A journey of being part of a growing organisation, assuming new responsibilities and taking on new challenges.
People first: empower and enable our frontend team
Drive for improvements: not only in code, but in everything we do
Alignment: through alignment, you help the team take the best possible decisions and increase cohesion
Technical planning: break down projects, provide estimates and help with prioritisation
Provide expertise: on topics such as architectural decisions, code quality and performance optimization
- You thrive on helping others to succeed
- Track record of leading technical projects
- Fluent in English: both written and spoken
- Good writing skills
- Experience with managing a team of engineers
- Ember.js knowledge is not required, but the candidate must be willing to learn
- Experience with TypeScript
- Involved in the hiring process before
- Worked in a cross-functional setup
About SuitePad Engineering
The SuitePad platform is built on a service-oriented architecture that powers 10s of thousands of devices. Our infrastructure runs on AWS and we are in the process of migrating to Fargate on ECS. The backend applications are mostly written in Ruby and Elixir.
Our custom hardware devices (mostly tablets) are powered by a suite of Android (Kotlin) apps, which serve our Guest Directory (written in Ember.js) and various other products.
Our datastores are PostgreSQL (AWS RDS) and Redis (AWS Elasticache). AMQP is used to enable communication between applications and devices.
We use GitHub, CircleCI, CodeClimate to help us get things done.
What We Build
As a team, we build hardware and software solutions to provide a delightful platform for guest communication, both for the hotel-guests and the hoteliers.
On the one hand, we augment the in-room experience for the hotel-guests with products and features such as the Digital Guest Directory, various Remote-Controls, VoIP and Contactless Checkout.
On the other hand, we also provide solutions to help hoteliers optimise their operations: be it managing their content, gaining insights into analytics or various integrations to increase their efficiency.
How We Work
- We are a team of light-hearted and international Frontend, Backend, Android and Hardware Engineers.
- We encourage teammates to bring in well-reasoned opinions, productively disagree with us and to make decisions based on technical merits – we make evidence-based decisions as a team.
- We believe in Servant Leadership
- We respect each other's work-life balance.
- We uphold high code quality standards that are enforced via CI, static analysis and code reviews, as we strive to reduce “total cost of ownership”.
- We adapt agile methodologies to our needs
- A team of excellent international engineers to work with
- A product with global traction
- A modern office, right in central Berlin
- Swift decision making
- A high degree of autonomy in your work
- A training budget