Senior Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d)
We are currently looking for a dedicated Senior Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d) to join our tech team in Berlin. You will work closely with Edu, our CTO, and be responsible for the technical implementation of the Backend APIs that power our revolutionary products. If you are ready to work independently with bleeding-edge technology — join us.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end backend architecture powering our products, using Ruby and dry-rb
- You actively create and improve processes, tools, architecture, and development practices
- Contribute with management with cohesive plans and ideas to achieve our objectives
- You develop clean, performant, reliable as well as testable code
- You share your knowledge by mentoring and pairing with your colleagues
- Have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Backend Developer or Fullstack Developer with Ruby
- Strong experience with API design and development
- Rock-solid, language-agnostic engineering skills
- Experience designing and optimizing relational and non-relational datastore workloads - we use PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, and AWS SNS
- Well-informed opinions and practice regarding code quality, testing, pair-programming, linting, type safety, and code review
- Git, CI, testing
- Additional languages - We strive to use the best tool for the job and use Rust, Python, Elm, and Typescript - collaborating across the stack is highly valued
- Distributed system and microservice design patterns
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack focusing on functional programming with very little legacy (Ruby, dry-rb, Elm, Typescript)
- A modern process. (Kanban, Code Reviews, Continuous Integration)
- An experienced and supportive albeit small team
- Competitive salary
- Choice of 30/35/40 hour work contract. For those interested in a better work-life balance, we give you the option to choose your ideal contract and change it when the need arises.
- Summer Hours. In July and August, we work 4 days a week. We encourage you to go outside and enjoy the sun!
- Remote work. We are based in Berlin, Germany and the majority of the team resides there. We are open to candidates within Germany.
- 3000 € Hardware Allowance. We have a budget of 3000 € that you can spend on your laptop and peripherals. Throughout the employment relationship, you can use the hardware for your private needs.
- 1000 € / year Education Allowance. We give you 1000 Euro per year to invest in your continuing education. You can spend the money on online courses, coding classes, conference tickets, books, etc.
- 1 Month Sabbatical Every Three Years. Every three years, employees are eligible to take a one-month-long (unpaid) sabbatical.
- Public Transport Ticket. We give you an unlimited public transport ticket that you can also use in your spare time, worth 760 € / year for those residing in Berlin.
- 30 Vacation Days per Year. We want you to enjoy nice vacations and come back fresh and relaxed.
- A unique company culture. We are a small, yet highly motivated group of individuals. Whether you prefer a social side with virtual team events or keeping to yourself; we are open and accepting.
We look forward to hearing from you. Your contact is Avi Surdu.