Product Owner (m/f/d) Data Engineering
Jochen Schweizer and mydays, the two leading brands on the adventure market, were united under the umbrella of the JSMD Group in October 2017. Our group also includes the booking platform provider Regiondo GmbH.
As Germany's largest online provider of experience gifts we can enrich the lives of our customers even more comprehensively with our combined competence and strength: We know what sparks squeaks, adrenaline attacks, expressions of love and storms of enthusiasm. Our mission: inspire in a warm way and create unforgettable memories - for everyone at any time at any place! We give our best every day with over 500 colleagues.
- Managing and prioritizing the product backlog
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements and develop use cases
- Translating business strategies to tasks for development
- Learning the market and customers’ needs
- Working closely with and serving as a liaison for the Product Owners and Development
- Make sure the Data Warehouse keeps its data integrity and availability
- Research in source systems (understanding the data) and contributing to the Data Strategy
- University degree in IT/economics with a technical focus, (business) informatics or any other related area of study
- 4+ years of working experience in the data and business intelligence field
- Solid experience with Databricks and Pyspark
- Experience in agile Software-Development (Git, Jira, Jenkins CI)
- Know-how of the latest toolsets on Data integration, storage and modelling in the context of Data Warehouse and Data Lake (preferably Databricks, Kafka Streaming, Airflow)
- Sound understanding of Data Warehouse set up (technically as well as in business context)
- Ability to keep a good overview of connected sources and dependencies, therefore being capable to evaluate the impact of change quickly
- Very good communication skills to collaborate with and consult colleagues e.g. Data Analysts regarding any changes, Developers and Product Owners
- Independent and proactive working style; fluent English and good German language skills
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product Owner Data Engineering to join our team. As a Product Owner Data Engineering you will be responsible for the design and development of our data solutions that align with our business objectives and strategies. You will work within our Business Intelligence team, which consists of Data Engineers, Data Scientist and Data Analysts. Furthermore, you will work closely with other IT departments to ensure the operation of our data warehouse. Our Data Engineers work with the latest technologies to build our Data Warehouse as the single point of truth for the company.