We are Seven Senders. Our product revolutionizes cross-border e-commerce in Europe. We enable online shops to ship to customers abroad 30% cheaper and twice as fast. In order to accomplish this task, we are managing the physical flow of goods and organize all required logistics processes. Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to track and trace solutions for customer parcels.
Our product and engineering departments are organised into several cross-functional teams centered around our key business areas. This ranges from delivering transport management, contracting, virtual carrier network and partner interaction solutions among others to frontend heavy SaaS products for e-commerce merchants and advanced analytics.
The Sendwise - Analytics team builds the analytics part of our Sendwise application that enables operations managers to monitor and optimize their supply chain.
It is also in charge of all shipment data of millions of parcels and complex backend logic including machine learning based on this data.
Our core tech stack includes PHP 7, MySQL, Symfony3, API-Platform, React, Sonata Admin, AWS, Docker, Snowflake, Looker, Python among others.
As a software engineer in the team, you will implement new key features as well as maintain existing ones together with your peers and deliver initiatives agreed in the quarterly planning. In this role, you will also collaborate heavily with product management and our business intelligence team.
You will have ample opportunity to grow with the team and its exciting product mainly in the areas of analytics, data architecture with increasing volume as well as machine learning.
- Several years professional experience with PHP incl. Symfony and MySQL
- Solid grasp of OO concepts and design patterns
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Passion for software development
- Passion for analytics, data and data inspired features
- Interest in machine learning
Optional, but appreciated:
- Strong focus on backend but willingness to learn and help out on frontend if needed
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with queues, background processing
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Python
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with big data architectures
- Deliver (code) pragmatic solutions to meet product goals
- Participate in technical designs
- Identify and implement solutions with a strong focus on robust operations
- Take ownership - also in production (you build it you run it)
- Ensure code quality and actively participate in code reviews
- Learn continuously and raise your level
- Get into new technologies and solutions fast, whatever is needed to do the job
Why SEVEN SENDERS ?
- You will shape the platform to deliver millions of parcels across europe
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- A rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- In-house language courses for English and German
- Relocation support
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas
- We are the fastest growing logistics startup in germany (see here)