Senior Software Engineer (m/f/x)
Working at Remagine
Lead the world into a future where business and money are forces for good.
Remagine is the founder-friendly finance platform for businesses ready to imagine a better future. Alongside an innovative platform that empowers business through accounts, team cards, analytics and payment solutions, we offer people and planet-friendly features within our products to help our clients deepen their impact. We support founders with up to €1m in funding, without taking equity, board seats, personal guarantees or warrants, thereby letting our clients stay in control of their business and focus on what matters most to them: building a great company.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to support our Engineering team.
Everyone at Remagine is someone we are all proud to work with. We celebrate diversity in people, perspectives and values. We want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work.
A few of the values we stand for are:
- Intentionality Matters: Through deliberate and conscious acts, we commit to manifesting our vision and mission.
- Never Stop Learning: We push innovation within our products and within ourselves. Constantly seek to improve and master your technical and operational excellence.
- See the Good in Things: The world is full of doom and gloom, why should you be too? We look at everything with a positive eye, constructive attitude and an open mind to foster an environment of optimism.
- Be a Trailblazer: With a resilient spirit, we are forging new, sustainable paths ahead for future generations. Our paths are bold, innovative and creative.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours;
- Remote-first with support to build your home office;
- Flat hierarchy with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility; and
- Corporate pension scheme.
- Directly participate in all our products' features development; you may work on both the internal tools as well as in the internet facing web applications;
- Own some features end to end: you may work both on frontend development (React, Material-UI) and backend (TypeScript and Nodejs), with Nestjs or AWS Lambda "serverless" architecture;
- Work alongside Product and Design to discover and implement the best, modern, state-of-the-art UX features with constant attention to details and security related side effects;
- Work alongside our Software Quality Engineers to continue building a robust automated testing infrastructure for our web applications; and
- Constantly elevate the quality of the team to the highest standards: experiment with new and inspiring tech, perform security analysis, write fantastic documentation, mentor juniors, assist with job interviews and so on.
The ideal candidate
- You believe in rigour in high code quality, automated testing and other engineering best practices;
- You believe that security always comes first and you have a good grasp of the most common types of attack (and counter-measures) on mobile and web platforms;
- You think that usability and accessibility are first class citizens in modern software development and bad designs make you cringe;
- You are very familiar with Git (github) and one of more of its workflows;
- You are a team player who is actively willing to provide helpful advices / insights to their teammates;
- You are battle tested and have seen many terrible things happening in production, but you have a solution when others may not;
- You are a curious person, willing to experiment and share findings with teammates over a healthy, nerdy discussion on Slack;
- You think that some form of leadership (purely technical or managerial) is in your medium-term future career path; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- You have experience in the DevOps or SRE field;
- You know how to design a database from scratch;
- You maintain one or more FOSS projects;
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud infrastructure and Lambda development; and
- Familiarity with European fintech regulations.
How do you get on board?
- Apply for one (or more!) of our positions. Our team will review your application.
- A quick interview with the People's Manager so you can better understand the position and we can learn more about you.
- STAR interview and case study with a member of the Management Team to really show off your skills.
- Final interview with one of our Founders.