Backend Engineer (m/f/d) - Remote Europe
What we do
Lykon is an innovative company working in the area of Digital Health Care & Self Tracking. We are defining the Healthcare Industry by developing digital applications to become your personalised healthy lifestyle companion. Our vision is to empower people to live a healthy life.
At Lykon, we give personalised recommendations based on blood results to help you develop healthy habits. At our company you’ll find a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, and people who are highly motivated to create products our customers will fall in love with.
About the job
We are building an incredible product and to do that we need Backend Engineers to join our existing european remote team. We are looking for engineers with a passion for writing good, maintainable, and scalable code. You would have full ownership of our backend services. This means from creating, deploying, and maintaining it in production, through good monitoring.
You will be joining a diverse team in the Tech department to ensure all elements of our platform are secure, compliant and scalable.
- Our Backend Engineers assume development and operational responsibility for the Lykon platform to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users.
- They take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices they develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies.
- They are active, solution-oriented, collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers,and Designers to create a great product.
- They have an in-depth understanding of Lykon’s core product and architecture, and act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues.
- They are comfortable with state-of-the-art technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, Event Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Design and more.
- You have solid back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Golang, and/or Rust.
- You have experience working with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
- You have practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD and distributed architectural patterns.
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- We are a remote distributed team. You can work anywhere within the Europe Timezone (UTC +2/-2).
- Great internal corporate health program and employee discounts.
- Competitive compensation and a personal education budget.
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, or late finishes your team will support you.
- Annual educational budget for conferences, books, courses, you choose.
- A diverse and vibrant remote international environment.
- You will have a direct impact on our products and will have the opportunity to empower people to live a healthy life.