Senior Staff Engineer (x/f/m)
As a Senior Staff Engineer you would be responsible for working with our transversal and distributed team of Staff and Senior Staff Engineers reporting directly to our Chief Architect. The team is not restricted to one particular domain, instead the focus lies on the large platform-wide designs, architecture along with domain work not tied to an individual country.
Your Mission & Responsibilities
- To work on transversal engineering topics between domains
- Domain related work - i.e embedded in a domain for a period of time
- Understanding the theory behind the code, how to create clean code and the methodology behind it
- Acting as a liaison between domain teams and larger scale organisation - making sure information is circulated
- Finding ways to mitigate cost / architectural cost savings.
- Architecture and system design on large scale
As a Senior Staff Engineer you will:
- Work closely with the Chief Architect and other Staff / Sr Staff Engineers in the team
- Be responsible for large scale architecture and system design decisions
- Collaborate with non-engineering team members - i.e Product Managers
- Collaborate with Engineering Directors / Engineering Managers when conducting domain work
- Improving our Observability Strategy
- Integration planning - for new acquisitions
- Have already led important, progressive refactoring project
- Are very pragmatic, knowledgeable and experimented with SOLID principles, design patterns, OOP best practices
- Are experienced designing Observability Strategies
- Know how to use this knowledge to balance maintainability, predictability and performance of the code
- Are comfortable in dealing with uncertainty
- Are proficient with abstract thinking
- Are eager to be hands on with React & Ruby-on-Rails (we are happy to help you ramp up)
- Understand the value of testing your code, individually or functionally, for each new feature or bug fix
- Speak English
- Recruiter Call
- Meeting with Chief Architect
- First round technical interview
- Second round technical interview
- Soft-skills interview
- Permanent Position
- Full time
- Location: Berlin - onsite/hybrid
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- This job is eligible to be partially or fully remote
- Hybrid: you work remotely 2 to 3 days per week and from the office on the other days.
- Office-based: you work from the office.
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is one of Europe’s fastest growing healthcare technology companies. Everyday we strive to fulfill three entrepreneurial missions:
1. Improve the daily life of healthcare personnel
2. Improve patient access to healthcare and patient health
3. Build a team of entrepreneurs with humanist values
We are dedicated to creating useful solutions for healthcare personnel and patients, regardless of age, condition or location. We strongly believe in prioritizing data privacy as we continue to build services with a positive social impact for the long run.
At Doctolib, we don’t just accept diversity, we respect and celebrate it. We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each Doctoliber’s contribution to our mission!