Legal Counsel - Amsterdam (x/f/m)
What we do:
Doctolib recently acquired Siilo, a secure medical communication app designed for healthcare professionals based in Amsterdam. More than 480,000 healthcare professionals use Siilo to discuss and coordinate patient care with colleagues both within and beyond their organisational walls. Doctolib is a purpose-led company that strives for a healthier world with more than 2,800 employees across France, Italy, and Germany. Since 2013, Doctolib has been improving the daily lives of more than 320,000 healthcare professionals by providing them with new-generation technology and services. Doctolib also serves more than 70 million Europeans, offering a fast, frictionless, and secure journey for all their care needs.
We’re seeking an open, pragmatic, and diverse Legal Counsel that oversees all legal aspects of Siilo. This is an exciting opportunity to get deeply involved in a range of various legal fields. You will have a specific focus on contractual law, IT law (technologies & digital regulations, GDPR & ePrivacy, telecommunications law), and to some extent, employment law. You will report directly to the Global Legal team of Doctolib headquartered in Paris and work closely with the Co-Head of Care Collaboration in Amsterdam (where the role is based), as well as Doctolib’s legal teams in Germany, France, and Italy to collaborate on any legal issues in those countries that regard Siilo.
You will also interact with our Sales, Compliance, and People departments to assist with any legal questions or projects and streamline the legal aspects of their work with clear processes and templates to facilitate our growth in the coming years.
Our legal operations are at the core of making sure that the agreements with our customers, users, suppliers, and employees are clear, consistent, and fair while safeguarding for short and long-term liabilities while we grow. This must be balanced with keeping processes simple and workable. We have set the basis for this, but now we require a dedicated legal counsel that has the experience, flexibility, and drive to take control and help us further grow and expand our business!
What you'll do:
- Coordination with the Global Legal Team: report on specific Dutch legal issues, provide local legal advice as to group standards and policies (consistency of the products in all countries is key), and help improve the global frameworks.
- Drafting and improving our standard contracts, and safeguarding for consistency between them, participating in some negotiations.
- Ensuring that Siilo complies with data protection rules (creating/updating the records of processing activities, updating privacy policies & DPA, negotiating the agreements with suppliers, advising on marketing, analytics, and data transfer topics, etc.).
- Performing legal & regulatory monitoring to ensure that Siilo is always aware of new obligations and upcoming laws.
- Setting up and safeguarding processes, policies, and checks & balances for all legal aspects of the company.
- Supporting the sales team with any legal discussions and negotiations with customers, and iterating in improving or simplifying our customer contracts or GDPR-related agreements.
- Supporting the People team with any legal discussions or aspects in relation to employees and freelancers.
- Managing local legal advisors abroad for the drafting of local contracts or legal arrangements.
Who you are:
- Core experience in contract law specifically for IT/software contracts, while having practical experience with privacy law (specifically GDPR) and employment law.
- 7+ years of work experience, with 3+ years as a qualified lawyer admitted at the Dutch bar, and preferably 2+ years as a legal counsel at a large or fast-growing business, ideally at a scale-up.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal).
- Ability to stand ground in a fair manner in discussions and negotiations with customers regarding contracts and to a lesser extent GDPR topics.
- Eager and fast learning to expand experience in any other legal areas that would be relevant for the company.
- Tech-savviness, willingness to ramp up on technology and product matters in order to give well-suited and adapted legal advice.
- Ability to identify any legal risks for the company that may occur and own the responsibility to assess the impact and execute on any solutions.
- Solution-maker and entrepreneur lawyer.
Now, it would be fantastic if you:
- Have a basic knowledge or appetite as to healthcare law; knowledge of the local healthcare system is a plus.
- Are very comfortable in German.
Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective but also with:
- Learning & development budget + flexible time to learn - if you’re not learning, we’re not developing as a company, so choose what you want to learn and share as a team!
- Mental health + physical health allowance
- Home office equipment allowance
- Team creativity budget for bonding with your amazing colleagues
- 4 weeks to work remotely from wherever you want
- Summer hours - wrap up at 3pm every Friday in August!
- 24 days of annual leave per year
At Doctolib, we believe in improving access to healthcare for everyone - regardless of where you come from, what you look like. This translates into our recruitment process: Doctolib is an equal opportunity employer. We don't just accept diversity at Doctolib, we respect and celebrate it!
The more diverse ideas are heard, the more our product will truly improve healthcare for all. You are welcome to apply to Doctolib, regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. If you have a disability, let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process smoother for you!
All the information transmitted via this form is processed by Doctolib for the purpose of managing applications.