Applicant tracking systems – Guide 2022
- What an applicant tracking system does
- How it helps in daily use
- These tools are
The recruitment process often involves a great deal of effort. Previously, large HR departments were needed to find good candidates and handle the mass of applications. Today, it is the norm to use applicant management tools to streamline these processes. These tools are no substitute for a good HR department, but they do take over administrative tasks such as automated rejection emails - making the everyday life of recruiters easier. But what is the difference between the various applicant management tools? Which ones fit your needs the most? We will tackle these questions in the following article.
What is an applicant tracking system and what does it do?
The main purpose of an applicant management tool is to support the recruitment process. The goal is to centralize this process, speed it up and make it easier. The software digitally maps the recruiting process and offers solutions to routine tasks through features. Applicant management tools are important to make the application process more efficient. In this way they contribute to employer branding as it also appeals to candidates if the application process is straightforward and fast.
Applicant management tools are often referred to by their English abbreviation ATS.
How can an ATS support our HR department?
Since there are a lot of applicant tracking systems, there are also a lot of functions that they bring with them. Every company should first check which functions they need and then compare different applicant tracking systems with their own needs. We will show you different types of applicant tracking software and then compare them to help you make the right choice.
According to a study by Staufenbiel Institute & Kienbaum from 2016, these are the most frequently used functions of applicant management software:
By centralizing all the data involved in the application process, one of the ways to filter efficient applicant acquisition channels is through metrics. This means that the company can see which job platform performs best if job postings are shared on multiple job boards (Multiposting).
Are there any free applicant tracking systems?
There are several ways to get applicant tracking software for free. One of them is SmartRecruiters, which offers StartSmart, a free version that is especially suitable for startups and smaller companies. Besides the limited functionality, it allows up to 10 active job postings at a time.
In case you didn't know:
MoBerries offers seamless integration with SmartRecruiters. This means MoBerries applicants are imported directly into your SmartRecruiters system, saving you the time of learning a new interface.
In smaller companies, the Excel tool offers another option for applicant management. The free spreadsheet software from Microsoft offers the function to manage application processes with a lot of effort. Applicants can be entered and sorted manually, but this is very time-consuming and difficult to implement with a high number of applications. Additionally, the selection of functions is very limited and restricted to the most necessary. Nevertheless, Excel offers a real alternative to costly tools - especially for companies in the start-up phase.
Which paid applicant tracking system suits my needs?
To simplify this process, we have compared various paid applicant tracking systems and their features and presented them in a small overview for you:
- Offers many functions and tries to form an all-in-one system
- Recruiting, HR management and payroll in one tool
- Detailed reports and analysis
- Is integrated with nearly 500 job boards
- Individual prices depending on company size, prices start at 94,05€ (very limited functions and no recruiting)
- Career pages can be created according to modular principle in several languages and with an individual URL
- Clear reporting dashboards
- Easy management of jobs, candidates and the recruitment team
- Is integrated into
over 1.250 job boards
- Basic package from 166€ per month
- Easy integration of new employees
- Extensive feedback functions, including from newly hired employees, to improve processes
- Access to and optimization of job offers in more than 1.000 job boards
- Individual prices on request
- Thousands of recruiting templates and tutorials
- Provides automated compliance features to keep your company on the right side of regional and international law when recruiting.
- Connects with LinkedIn, Google, Indeed, Facebook and over 70 other popular apps and tools.
- Basic package from approx. 84€ per month
- Prioritization of diversity, equity and inclusion. By collecting data, reports are generated to provide an overview of the diversity of past and current talent pools.
- Personalize communications (E-Mails) for every candidate
- Intuitive tools like scheduling and collecting interview feedback
- Individual prices on request
MoBerries is compatible with the above and further applicant tracking systems via a simple and easy integration. MoBerries offers intelligent filtering and AI-based candidate suggestions that match your needs.
Important aspects that every ATS should include are customizability, ease of use, free support, fast service, the possibility of a free demo, a cloud solution, and legal security.
We recommend that you make use of any demonstration of the software, as offered by most applicant tracking systems. This way, you can test if your needs really match the features of the software in practice.
MoBerries - The perfect link between ATS and applicant search
MoBerries is the perfect partner for your applicant tracking system. Through the simple integration with your selected ATS, MoBerries offers an uncomplicated recruiting option that efficiently brings companies and applicants together. Through the MoBerries integration, only candidates that match the job posting are suggested to the company and there are various filter functions that immensely simplify the application process.
MoBerries can also be used independently without ATS integration. This is especially advantageous for smaller companies that are looking for suitable candidates and do not have the budget for larger ATS systems.
Finally, companies can use MoBerries Monetization feature to build their own talent pool by adding non-hired candidates to their talent pool by recommending them to MoBerries. By recommending these candidates to other companies, the company earns rewards that can reduce hiring costs on MoBerries.